Through our Product to Project™ model, MiiR funds trackable giving projects around the world, including the US. We are excited to announce our partnership right here at home with America SCORES Seattle, whose dedication to youth development combines soccer, poetry and community service.
MiiR and America SCORES Seattle are partnering to fund their all-school Spring Program Jamboree, bringing over 200 3rd through 5th graders from six Seattle elementary schools together for a fun, round-robin soccer tournament at Starfire Sports Complex in Tukwila, official home training facility for the Seattle Sounders FC.
The main outcome of the Jamboree is simply for participants to enjoy this rare experience. Students are sure to sweat and smile, sharing their lessons of teamwork, sportsmanship and leadership while having fun playing soccer and meeting new friends. The Jamboree also provides an opportunity for students’ family and friends to experience this fun.
America SCORES Seattle partners with high-need elementary schools to provide a high quality, team-based program that integrates soccer, poetry and service-learning. Their innovative approach improves students’ health, academic achievement and civic engagement.
- Create teams through the sport of soccer
- Bring teams into the classroom to discover their voice through poetry
- As a team, poet-athletes learn to use their voices to make change in their communities
A team of children who experience success on the field, in the classroom, and in their community. The Spring Program’s outcomes measured on a pre-season/post-season basis are as follows:
- Academic achievement - America SCORES poet-athletes demonstrate significant improvement in creative and expository writing and reading comprehension
- Improved health and fitness - Students who participate in America SCORES show increased aerobic capacity and recognition of healthy choices
- Positive youth development - America SCORES poet-athletes show a substantial increase in compassionate behavior, responsibility, leadership and community awareness.
About America SCORES Seattle
America SCORES Seattle provides elementary school students from under-served communities with a five-day-a-week after school program combining literacy and athletics. With teamwork as the unifying value, America SCORES Seattle inspires youth to lead healthy lifestyles, be engaged students and become agents of change in their communities.
SCORES’ school-based program is free to students and their families, providing transportation, uniforms and other necessary supplies to overcome barriers to participation.