Product Designer/Developer, New Product Development
POSITION: Product Designer/Developer, New Product Development
REPORTS TO: COO
HOURS: Full Time/Salary
LOCATION: Washington (USA)
MiiR is on a journey to change the world and we want you to join us! We are united in our passion to inspire and empower through amazing design and transparent giving. We do this by selling innovative, high quality products via our Flagship store, the web and premium wholesale accounts worldwide.
Founded in 2010 and based in Seattle, Washington, MiiR is a design forward and generosity driven brand creating thoughtfully designed drinkware. Our products enhance the small moments and elevate simple rituals by combining beauty, performance and sustainability. A certified B Corp, Climate Neutral Certified brand and 1% for the Planet member that is independently owned and operated, MiiR has given over $1,500,000 and empowered the lives of 115,000+ people worldwide.
About the Position:
The Product Designer/Developer role plays a key part in refining the way MiiR develops and designs products. WIth an aggressive portfolio expansion, we bring the most design centric and innovative vision in our categories. This role requires someone with great industrial design skill + experience working with suppliers to make our visions a reality during the tooling and debugging process. The ideal candidate also possesses a strong understanding of project management, ensuring that all things are not only on spec, but on time as well and great presentation skills. A passion for coffee and the great outdoors helps to round out our needs for the right person for the role.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Design and develop products from ideation through tooling execution
- Act as an integral part of the Process on New Product Development (NPD) and process improvement.
- Lead design & resources to ensure products are developed per requirements.
- Quote, develop, tool and deliver an approved, final sample of all NPD projects
- Conduct upfront tooling evaluations and back end certification of off tool samples
- Test and certify all new items developed as GTM ready.
- Assist in creating FAI documents for all NPD and deliver to the Quality team for final implementation
- Manage the day to day tooling timeline, correspondence and management of engineering and development detail with factories related to their product lines
- Ensure all products are functional, durable and are manufacturable
- Design and develop wholly new products that involve a high level of complexity
- Work with teams to ensure mold capabilities meet color & finish needs
- Modify, create and/or certify 3D CAD models
- Optimize the final BOM for product integrity, unit costs and mold costs w/ COO
Qualifications and Skills:
- 5+ years of design experience
- 5+ years working with suppliers
- Experience with consumer products and related factory oversight
- Specific experience in plastics, stainless steel and/or other related manufacturing processes or industries a plus
- Experience managing suppliers and timelines, preferably in China
- Asana or other project management software is a plus
- Solidwoks, Keyshot, Illustrator experience
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, proven ability to organize complex processes involving multiple, detailed tasks and multiple inputs
- Ability to remain agile on new endeavors as needed, integrating them into the process where applicable
- Team player who is adaptable and process driven.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated strong quantitative and analytic skills and aptitude
- Working at a high-growth/impact Certified B Corp.
- Medical, dental & vision insurance covered at 100% for eligible employees
- 401(k) Plan with company match
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited vacation time
- Professional development, career coaching and conference attendance (when global circumstances allow)
- Product discounts and pro deals with partner companies in the outdoor industry
APPLY: Please send resume, cover letter, and portfolio link to firstname.lastname@example.org
Holiday Shipping Deadlines
Make sure your gift arrives in time for Christmas!
U.S. Shipping Only
|Shipping Method||Order Deadline|
|Standard Ground / Priority||December 14th|
|Express Saver||December 18th|
|2 Day||December 19th|
* For international orders, the last day to order is December 14th. Additionally, we cannot guarantee on time delivery based on international customs processes.