We have an an immediate opening for full time (opening and closing shifts) and/or part time barista/bar staff. We are open 7 days a week from early morning until 7-9pm depending on the day; evening and weekend work is a requirement and we try to set a schedule with you that's pretty consistent.
What about your role working with us? You'll be a champion of hospitality. Coffee and bar service experience are integral to succeeding in this role, along with a genuine interest in taking care of people. We want people who have the technical chops to make a great cortado and who also know how to make a customer feel great!
- Provide exceptional customer service in a fast paced café/bar and retail setting from the moment a person walks in.
- Take and make customer coffee, food and other beverage orders.
- Keep our space looking sharp
- Have knowledge of all MiiR Flagship product and service offerings and be able to talk with customers about them
- Participate in daily service, opening, and closing of the café.
- Help people understand the MiiR Give, our mission, and core values.
- Get to know our customers and their needs - we have a lot of regulars!
- Engage with customers during their time in our space. We want them feeling great about their visit.
What about you?
- 2 +/- years experience working in customer service, hospitality service, or similar experience
- Know how to make coffee drinks efficiently (we serve Counterculture coffee on a LaMarzocco machine and do pour-overs).
- Eagerness to learn and grow and contribute - not just within the coffee and beer sector.
- We have beers, kombucha and other beverages on tap - be able to inform and serve customers
- Professional attitude and work ethic in a team setting - you'll be working alongside professional, competent, and highly skilled staff
- Proactive communicator - be able to identify and clearly communicate needs with colleagues. Ability to receive and respond to feedback.
- Enthusiasm for teamwork, communication, and most of all - hospitality - taking care of people.
- Flexibility and willingness to meet changing business needs - be creative!
- Must have Food Handlers permit and Washington State class 12 mixologist permit upon start date.
- And keeping it super real - have an authentic commitment to making our customers feel good about coming into our store. It can express itself differently with each person, but you gotta have some sort of “it” factor.
And now the details on Essential Physical Job Functions:
- Standing/walking, stooping, kneeling and squatting
- Pushing, pulling, lifting or carrying up to 50 lbs
- Computer/POS Register and bar equipment usage
- Reaching, turning, and performing precision work around our bar area
- Receiving detailed information through oral communication.
- Talking, expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word
We offer competitive hourly wages, based on your experience and productivity, and benefits (including health insurance and paid time off). Tips are an additional part of compensation and staff is eligible to participate in a company wide bonus pool. We're a fast growing company with a significant on-line and wholesale partner business (to companies such as Patagonia and REI) and the Flagship physical retail store is an important part of our overall company strategy.
If you’re interested in working with us, please send us your resume and a cover letter telling us about yourself and why you'd be a fit to: nick(at)miir.com. Read about us and our giving story at MiiR.com. Or come by the Flagship and drop off your resume and ask for Miles, our Operations Manager or Nick, our Flagship General Manager. We look forward to hearing from you!
Holiday Shipping Deadlines
Make sure your gift arrives in time for Christmas!
U.S. Shipping Only
|Shipping Method||Order Deadline|
|Standard Ground / Priority||December 14th|
|Express Saver||December 18th|
|2 Day||December 19th|
* For international orders, the last day to order is December 14th. Additionally, we cannot guarantee on time delivery based on international customs processes.