Position: Full-Charge Bookkeeper
Reports to: CFO
Hours: Full Time
Location: Fremont or Everett
FLSA Status: Exempt
At MiiR we are united around the simple idea of making amazing products that help change the world. Every purchase helps empower another person in need to rise above poverty through investments not handouts. It is infinitely more difficult to teach kindness, generosity and team spirit than it is to instruct someone on how to pull a delicious espresso or master basic html. We need people with killer skill sets in order to fulfill our ambitious goals as a company, but at the end of the day nothing can replace great character. Our goal is to find like-minded people who are excited to work collaboratively, connect meaningfully with clients and one another, create enthusiasm for the MiiR brand and be a proactive part of building this unique social enterprise. We are searching for a fun, self-motivated individual who can excel independently as a full-charge bookkeeper in a small office setting. Responsibilities include processing all accounting information for two separate but related companies in the wholesale and retail business using QuickBooks, and handling basic human resource administration.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Other duties may be assigned. All of the following are to be performed while adhering to MiiR operational policies, procedures, and safety rules.
- Process all accounting information using GAAP in QuickBooks including:
- Accounts Payable using purchase orders and international payments
- General ledger using accrual methodology
- Reconciliation of all accounts including bank/debt/intercompany accounts
- Accounts Receivable-support outside accountant in cash posting and collections
- Fixed asset tracking
- Preparation of monthly borrowing base calculation
- Preparation of periodic sales and B&O tax returns (city and state)
- Monthly financial statement preparation including basic consolidation and reporting against budget
- Annual preparation of 1099 forms
- Annual support for preparation of tax return
- Basic human resource administration
- Payroll processing including PTO tracking
- Preparation of L&I and other payroll tax filings
- Benefit management
- Annual preparation of W-2s
- Provide professional, pleasant customer service to internal staff, external customers and vendors, responding to information requests as necessary
- Update and maintain departmental processes and procedures.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Preferred 2 years experience as a full charge bookkeeper using Quickbooks preferably with inventory.
- Strong skills in problem solving, multi tasking, organization, detail orientation and math.
- Positive attitude and the ability to project a positive company image. Loyal, discreet and responsible.
- Computer skills including spreadsheets (Excel), data entry, word processing (Word), and 10-key by touch.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a culturally and ethnically diverse workforce.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Please email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org