Sales Account Representative
Position: Sales Account Representative
Location: Seattle, WA
Reports to: VP of Business Development
Status: Exempt, full-time, salary + bonus opportunity
MiiR is hiring! Want to make a difference in your work and have an impact on people around the world? At MiiR, a Seattle based retailer of active lifestyle products, including a line of award winning beverage containers, 3% of our revenue goes to trackable giving projects that provide people with access to a better future. That's huge! We support some of the best nonprofits around, including Splash and Water1st. We're a Certified B Corp (a sustainability measure) and a member of 1% For the Planet. We walk the talk!
As an innovative and emerging brand in the active lifestyle space we are seeking a thought sales leader to help MiiR accelerate our revenue growth in a changing global landscape.
Empowerment, quality, transparency and community are integral to the MiiR brand. We actively seek to embed each of these values in every step of our operations. Just as we create products that communicate those values to our customers, we also strive to create a work environment where those values thrive. We motivate one another to learn, grow and continue to be better people, not just better professionals.
We are optimistic, positive and hopeful. We recognize that there are a vast number of people out there who do not have access to basic needs; although the statistics are daunting, we are motivated to address that issue every day with the products and giving projects we create. The bottom line is: the harder we work to make MiiR successful, the more people we can partner with to build sustainable solutions.
Who We Hire
It is infinitely more difficult to teach kindness, generosity and team spirit than it is to instruct someone on how to pull a delicious espresso or master basic html. We need people with killer skill sets in order to fulfill our ambitious goals, but at the end of the day nothing can replace great character. Our goal is to find like-minded people who are excited to work collaboratively, connect meaningfully with clients and one another, create enthusiasm for the MiiR brand and be a proactive part of building this unique social enterprise.
Under the direction of the VP of Business Development, the Sales Account Representative is responsible for overseeing the growth of MiiR’s current customer base along with further expansion into specific distribution channels.
The position reports to the VP of Business Development. Within the organization, the position has primary working relationships with the Sales Team, Customer Service Team, Operations Team and Marketing Team. Outside the organization, the position coordinates with key stakeholders and community partners within a specified distribution channel including but not limited to direct business owners, buyers, merchandisers, marketers and distributor agents.
KEY FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maximize incoming sales opportunities and pursue warm leads through phone calls and emails
- Be the main point of contact for all House Accounts, building relationships, and communicating regular updates and follow-up
- Identify opportunities from incoming Helpdesk inquiries and effectively communicate MiiR’s story, mission, and convert sales opportunities
- Answer incoming sales calls and related customer service calls during business hours
- Track calendar and timelines for reorder opportunities and buying seasons within portfolio
- Work with Sales Managers to identify largest growth opportunities within portfolio and strategize proactive solutions and opportunities
- Attend and represent MiiR at requested trade shows
- Be proficient in MiiR’s story and well-versed in product line to communicate accurately to customers and partners
ESSENTIAL SKILLS, BODIES OF KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES THAT ARE REQUIRED FOR THE POSITION
The position requires commitment to the Product to Project philosophy underwritten by the organization's Leadership Team. The position requires a strong work ethic centered around repeatable solutions along with a passion for innovative and unconventional work. The candidate must have a high level of adaptability and out-of the-box thinking, and be comfortable with re-designing workflow processes based on emerging results. Requires a mature individual who possess excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Exceptional and demonstrated communications skills are essential. Must be detail oriented and able to balance multiple priorities and projects. Must be a self-directed problem solver with advanced analytical skills. Demonstrated ability to coordinate activities of various individuals and teams.
- Bachelors’ degree (B.A.) with an emphasis in business, social services, psychology, communications or other related field; or at least four years of experience working in a, nonprofit, social services or marketing field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be fluent in MS Office Suite and Cloud Based project management
- Superior written and oral communication skills.
- Work on location in Seattle with our Team
- Occasionally Travel domestically to attend to relevant business matters
Occasionally lift boxes heavier than 25lbs while helping the Operations Team!
- Familiarity with web-based data collection and management tools and social media tools.
- Experience with custom manufacturing sales cycles
A few benefits we offer
- Working at a high growth/impact Certified B Corp
- Health, dental insurance for eligible employees
- Generous vacation time
- Professional development, in-office career coaching, and conference attendance
- Opportunity to expand MiiR as a growing brand
How to apply
(Read and follow carefully, as attention to detail is important in this position)
Reply to ad with subject line: Sales Account Representative
Send email to: email@example.com
Attach your resume and cover letter, please do not paste into body of the email but attach.
Please answer the following questions in the body of the email.
Remember, a person is reading this letter, so be you, but with brevity.
- What makes you want to apply to this job?
- What is the most important quality you bring to our team?
- What does community mean to you?
- Beer, cider, coffee, tea or water… Why?
- What is your favorite MiiR product and why?
- Two sentences explaining why you should get a phone interview.
Holiday Shipping Deadlines
Make sure your gift arrives in time for Christmas!
U.S. Shipping Only
|Shipping Method||Order Deadline|
|Standard Ground / Priority||December 14th|
|Express Saver||December 18th|
|2 Day||December 19th|
* For international orders, the last day to order is December 14th. Additionally, we cannot guarantee on time delivery based on international customs processes.