Shipping & Receiving Lead
Position: Shipping & Receiving Lead
Reports to: Warehouse Manager
Hours: Full Time – 6301 36th Ave W Everett WA 98203
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Adhere to and champion MiiR’s values
- Setup, schedule, and facilitate inbound & outbound shipments:
- Contact carrier representative to make arrangements and to issue instructions for shipping and delivery of materials.
- Prepare documents, such as work orders, bills of lading, and shipping orders to route materials.
- Determine shipping method for materials, using knowledge of shipping procedures, routes, and rates.
- Communicate with shippers and recipients about status of shipments.
- Maintain a strong working relationship with all carriers.
- Receive inbound shipments and accurately verify correct quantities and condition of items.
- Confer and correspond with establishment representatives to rectify problems, such as damages, shortages, and nonconformance to specifications.
- Provide accurate shipping quotes when requested by the MiiR Sales and Customer Service teams.
- Prepare packages for small parcel shipments on outbound orders:
- Pull and pack orders for shipments.
- Prepare shipping labels for outbound orders.
- Manifest shipping labels and provide accurate shipping weights for outbound small parcel orders.
- Assist in management of all facility receiving and shipping operations of physical inventory.
- Participate in inventory counts as needed.
- Assist in maintaining and promoting the maintenance of a safe, accident-free, and healthy work environment.
- Make a notation of any safety hazards and reports to warehouse manager.
- Daily maintenance check of the warehouse to ensure it’s clean and organized.
- Assist with a variety of scheduled and unscheduled projects occurring in the department at any given time.
- Occasionally perform courier work such as picking up or delivering for clients as needed.
- 2+ years previous shipping & receiving experience.
- Good understanding of international shipping.
- Ability to perform repeated reaching, bending, and lifting daily.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and use appropriate judgment.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work well under pressure in time sensitive situations.
- Good organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Working knowledge of inventory systems:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- QuickBooks experience a plus.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written.
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines.
- Excellent problem-solving skills; ability to resolve issues effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to read and understand the English language for the purpose of comparing and reading product descriptions, names, and shelf labels.
- Physical activity requiring reaching, bending, kneeling, stooping, lifting, finger dexterity, grasping, feeling, repetitive motions, talking and hearing.
- Ability to lift up to 70lbs.
- Visual requirement is for close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to stand and walk (or otherwise be mobile).
- Ability to deal with stressful situations as they arise.
- Ability to operate equipment such as forklifts (certified a plus), pallet jacks, etc.
A Few Benefits We Offer:
- Health, dental insurance for eligible employees
- Paid time off
- Choice of any MiiR Bicycle upon 1-year employment anniversary
- Opportunity to experience impact of those who benefit from our giving projects
- Chance to work on a small team and have real impact on the program you’ll oversee
- Participation in company retreats and extracurriculars
- Work experience at a young, high-growth Certified B Corp
(Read and follow carefully, as attention to detail is important in this position)
- Send email to: email@example.com with subject line: S&R Lead
- Attach your resume; please do not paste into body of the email.
- The first line of the email should be your name in bold followed by a quick story (1-2 paragraph) about a recent adventure.
- Answer the following questions in the body of the email (not as an attachment). Remember, a person is reading this letter, so be you, but with brevity.
- What makes you want to apply for this job?
- What is the most important quality you bring to our team?
- What part of this job amps you up?
- What about our commitment to giving back is most interesting to you?
- What is your favorite MiiR product and why?
- At MiiR we offer all our employees a Rad Day. It’s 8 hours in addition to your PTO that’s intended for a day of radness. What would you do with your day?