Who are Evergreen Businesses?
Evergreen® businesses are led by Purpose-driven leaders with the grit and resourcefulness to build and scale private, profitable, enduring, and market-leading businesses that make a dent in the universe.
The intention of Evergreen businesses is to adapt and grow profitably for 100 years, and more. The Purpose of an Evergreen business is to make a long-term difference in the world. We're honored to be amongst so many other purpose driven, Evergreen companies, and encourage you to keep reading to learn more about the certification and scoring process.
To become Certified Evergreen®, MiiR went through an extensive, rigorous assessment with the intention of continual improvement and enduring excellence around values, practices, and people.
To a Certified Evergreen company, the Evergreen 7Ps® principles are their core values. These values ensure Evergreen companies will positively impact their employees, customers, suppliers, communities, and, most important, families.
- Purpose - Having a compelling reason for existing–a North Star above all else.
- Perseverance - Having the ambition and the resilience to overcome obstacles and keep pursuing the purpose indefinitely into the future.
- People First - Engaging a workforce of talented associates who excel as a team and are motivated by the purpose and the culture, as well as by total compensation, in the belief that, by taking care of them, they will take care of the customers, suppliers, partners, communities, and their families.
- Private - Taking advantage of the ability of closely-held private companies to have a longer-term view, greater confidentiality around strategies, and more operating flexibility than public or exit-oriented businesses
- Profit - Not mistaking profit as the purpose of the business; but recognizing it is essential to survival and independence, and the most accurate measure of customer value delivered.
- Paced Growth - Having the discipline to focus on long-term strategy, balance short-term and long-term performance, and grow steadily and consistently from year to year.
- Pragmatic Innovation - Embracing a continuous-improvement process built around taking capital-efficient, calculated risks to innovate creatively within constraints.